Saturday 15 February 2014

8 Weeks Post op


At 8 weeks I feel like have come so far yet have so far to go. I have been fully weight baring on my op leg for a week, and it feels great. I am down to  1 crutch around the house most  of the time but I switch to two if my back or other hip starts to hurt. Outside I am still on 2 crutches .
I can officially start doing my extra physio exercises now so shall add in some active abduction and leg lifts. I can also use the static bike so I will start at 3 mins and build up by 1 minute each day, no resistance. I am pretty much of pain killers in the day now, I still have some groin pain at night so I am taking 20mg amitryptalline and 60mg codeine at night so that I can get to sleep. Sleep is much easier now that I can roll over on both sides, though the op side is still a bit sore so I don’t spend long on that side, I think I am mostly sleeping on my front.
Today I needed to run a few errands in town so I kitted up with two crutches, and a rucksack instead of hand bag & shopping bag. Drove to town and parked across two bays so I could get our of the car with my crutches. Went on two crutches across Zebra crossing to vets to get cats tablets then back across to the chemists, then back to car and home, pretty tired but felt like had accomplished something on my own at last

No comments:

Post a Comment