Tuesday 5 January 2016

9 weeks post op


Nine weeks today for surgery on my left hip.

I'm not having a very good week. I am getting a lot of pain in my lower back and also my right hip. My op hip actually feels ok apart from the back pain on that side. My range of motion is increasing somewhat. I can now do a few clam exercises on that side but still can’t do side lying full leg lifts. I can walk with hardly any limp for short distances around the house, but still use one crutch outside. I have driving for the last 3 weeks and did some work over Christmas and New Year, visiting and feeding cats for people whilst they are away. I also took an elderly Labrador up the motorway, a 3hr round trip and I was pleased with how my hip felt.



To be honest my right hp is really getting me down. It is giving me a lot of groin pain which is like pre-op pain.

I spent most of New Years Day on pain killers. I took 100mg tramadol which did nothing for the pain. Then 30mg codeine, still nothing, so I took another 30mg codeine and the pain did subside, but then  I woke up in the night when they had worn off and the pain was back.

I can’t get comfortable in bed. The pain in my back is awful if I lie on my front or my back. I can lie on my sides, but I have stabbing groin pain in my right hip and can’t seem to do anything to get comfy. So I am lying awake for a few hours at a time after my husband has gone to sleep, looking at the ceiling, wishing I was him. I get a few hours sleep then get woken up by the pain as I turn in my sleep.



I am feeling pretty low. I have made an enquiry to see a complimentary therapist who does all sorts of things from soft tissue release & trigger point therapy to reiki and reflexology. Never been to anything other than a physio, chiropractor on spa masseuse so I don’t know what to expect. I just need some sort of release and relaxation from this ball of pain I feel I am in.



I am going to my first hydrotherapy session tonight, which should help me increase the range of motion in my op hip. I am looking to a float in the hot water. I think my back will appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment